Langhe D.O.C. Chardonnay - 2019
Yellow is synonymous with a strong personality, like that of our Langhe Chardonnay. The typical aromatic notes of Chardonnay are also dyed yellow, which are both citrusy, such as lemon and grapefruit, and those reminiscent of banana and apple.
WHY WE LIKE THIS
Chardonnay has always been an integral part of our hills. Our Chardonnay has some characteristics in common with its French cousins and others with traditional Piedmontese whites. The fermentation in oak casks gives it complexity and structure on the palate and at the same time it remains fruity on the nose, due to the fact that it ages in steel.
- Variety : Chardonnay 100%.
- Harvest : hand picked on the hills in Cossano Belbo.
- Vinification : the grapes are harvested between the first and second week of September. The grapes are destemmed and then softly pressed in the cellar. The must is divided into two cuvées of 50% each, the first ferments in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature, while the second in medium and light toasted French oak barrels. Aging in casks lasts about two months, after which the two cuvées are cut together to form a single, more complex wine. The wine remains sur lies until the month before bottling.
- Colour : straw yellow with greenish reflections.
- Aroma : complex and well intense, citrus notes of citron and lemon stand out, combined with tertiary aromas such as vanilla and caramel.
- Taste : fresh and harmonious attack, in the mouth it is full and, once swallowed, the finish is tasty and balanced.
POURING AND COMBINATIONS
It is recommended to serve it cold, around 10°C. This Langhe Chardonnay goes well with fish dishes because of its natural flavour, very suitable also as an aperitif accompanied by cold cuts and fresh cheese. Suggestion : try it absolutely in combination with raw fish.