Barbera d'Alba D.O.C. Superiore
Bordeaux has been the colour of wine since ancient times. It is the colour that expresses a strong personality combined with elegance and sensuality. All characteristics that our Barbera d'Alba Superiore makes its own. The aromatic note that best characterizes this wine is the scent of cherry jam, a fruit that at a late ripening is bordeaux in color.
WHY WE LIKE
Our Barbera d'Alba Superiore is characterized by a great structure combined with a typical and elegant freshness. You can perceive the wood, derived from the refinement, but this does not cover the classic varietal fruity scents. It is precisely this balance of flavours and aromas that makes us fall in love with our Barbera d'Alba Superiore.
- Variety : 100% Barbera.
- Harvest : hand picked on the hills in Cossano Belbo.
- Vinification : the grapes are generally harvested in the first days of October. After destemming-crushing the must is fermented in stainless steel tanks, where it is left to macerate for 15/20 days. Once malolactic fermentation is complete, it begins its refinement in small oak barrels which lasts for a whole year. In the spring of two years after the harvest it is bottled and put on the market only after a further 4/5 months of refinement in the bottle.
- Colour : ruby red with violet reflections.
- Aroma : complex and of excellent intensity, there are notes of vanilla and toasted bread, due to the refinement, but also cherry and raspberry, varietal.
- Taste : full-bodied and elegant. Round and fresh. Persistent and balanced. This wine makes strong character and balance its winning points.
SERVICE AND FOOD PAIRINGS
We recommend serving at room temperature, around 18-20°C. Our Barbera d'Alba Superiore goes well with any meat dish, but also with first courses with an intense flavour. Recommended pairings : baked pork shank, suggestion : pappardelle with wild boar ragout.