Dolcetto d'Alba D.O.C. - 2022
The Purple is metamorphosis, fantasy and change. This is how our Dolcetto d'Alba comes out of the traditional schemes of short vinification and only in steel. Our Dolcetto ages in oak barrels for two months. The aromatic note par excellence that accompanies our Dolcetto is also tinged with violet: the protagonist is, in fact, the violet, which colours our hills in spring.
WHY WE LIKE
Dolcetto has always been the wine we drink every day, at lunch and dinner. Fruity, balanced and pleasant, it is the wine that can never miss on a real Piedmontese table, better if next to bread and salami.
- Variety : Dolcetto Nero 100%.
- Harvest : hand picked on the hills in Cossano Belbo.
- Vinification : the grapes are generally harvested immediately after the Moscato, around the third/fourth week of September. Received in the cellar, they are destemmed, crushed and stored in steel tanks. Fermentation takes place at temperatures ranging between 25 and 28°C. The must/wine macerates for a week and then is pressed. Only the wine obtained from the softest pressing will constitute our Dolcetto d'Alba. When the malolactic fermentation is finished, the wine is put into the older barriques, so that its strong varietal aroma is preserved and, at the same time, the short aging enhances its body and structure. Here it remains for two months and then returned to steel tanks until bottling.
- Colour : ruby red with violet reflections.
- Aroma : open, intense and very fruity. Characteristic of strawberry jam, violet, cherry, slightly spicy.
- Taste : on the attack you notice a soft tannin well integrated with a moderate body, good length and remarkable balance with its acidic part.
SERVICE AND FOOD PAIRINGS
We recommend serving at room temperature, around 16-18°C. A meal wine, its versatility allows it to go well with everything. Two tips, tradition: tajarin (Piedmontese tagliolini) with sausage sauce, suggestion: gnocchi with gorgonzola and walnuts.