Langhe D.O.C. Favorita - 2021
Green is the colour of those who deeply wish to establish themselves. So is the Favorita, clone of Vermentino, which wants to be of a category apart precisely because it is different from its precursors. Green is the colour par excellence of Nature that recalls its typically floral bouquet.
WHY WE LIKE
We like the Favorita because we love a challenge. The challenge is to enhance an indigenous grape variety by making it express itself in purity. Cold maceration enhances its floral characteristics and makes it soft and full-bodied on the palate.
- Variety : Favorita 100%.
- Harvest : hand picked on the hills in Cossano Belbo.
- Vinification : once in the cellar, the grapes are destemmed and stored directly in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature. Here, in total absence of oxygen, the must macerates cold with its skins for about 6 days. Once the cryomaceration is finished, a soft pressing is carried out and the must ferments for about 15 days at 18°C. The wine produced in this way will remain sur lies until one month before bottling, in order to protect it naturally from unwanted oxidation.
- Colour : straw yellow with greenish reflections.
- Aroma : expressive and intense, floral and delicate. Reminiscent of acacia flowers and honey.
- Taste : full-bodied and harmonious, the floral notes are found in the aftertaste, the finish is pleasant and persistent.
SERVICE AND FOOD PAIRINGS
It is recommended to serve fresh, around 10°C. A wine with a fine nose and good body, it is recommended to taste it with rich dishes, but not exaggeratedly spicy in order to enhance the characteristics of the Favorita. Suggestion : asparagus risotto.